Wednesday, November 10

My Bling Bling

back view

front view

































close-up






















I have "pimped" my iphone cover with swarovski crystals some time back. It is actually quite easy to do, just that it is extremely time consuming and daunting task. Once you start, try not to stop half way as it will disrupt the consistency.

You will need the followings:
  • a brand new plastic cover for the phone
  • epoxy glue ( * please purchase the 90minutes slow drying adhesive, as you can still adjust the position of the crystals)
  • 2 cocktail sticks
  • a small blob of blue tack
  • last but not least crystals, I can't really recall how much I have used. Maybe, Gazillion?? Coz after nearly 7hours of intense concentration, I did not bother to count. (by the way, these are Swarovski 202B Xillion Rose flat back in size 12 and 5)
First, prep your plastic cover by cleaning and stretching it. Make sure the surfaces are clean, dry and free from grease. Stretching the cover will ease fitting when the glue dries up.






Mix equal amount of resin and hardener, and spread evenly on the plastic cover sections by sections. Wait for the glue to turn tacky (ard 3mins or so) and you can begin placing the crystals one by one.




 




Technically, a crystal "picker" will ease the process of placing the crystals, but I have improvised a cocktail stick and a tiny blob of bluetack stuck to its tip. Surprisingly, it does the job wonderfully at the fraction of the price.






After all the crystals are in place, let it dry overnight. Next morning, fit you phone carefully into the cover and VIOLA!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Music


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com